Friday, February 25, 2011

The Beginning

My big boy, Danny, used to be a BIG boy and decided in his teen years to lose weight and get healthy, which he did.  He's been on my (and his dad's) case pretty hard for the last year or so to do the same.  I tease him a lot about being a tree-hugging organic hippie, but he's right, so I told him that I would, and that I would blog about it.

My husband and I have gained a lot of weight over the years and after much of the aforementioned nagging and our own personal unhappiness with the weight business, we made a decision earlier this year to try to lose some weight, get in shape, and eat better. We joined the local Y (mainly because it has the only indoor swimming pool in town) and started working out about 3 weeks ago (3x/week).  I'm down about 4.5 pounds.  HE is down 10 pounds.  I hate him.  I don't really hate him.  But I hate him.  You know what I mean.

Slowly, but surely, we're replacing some of the things we like to eat with healthier alternatives, cutting down on other things, or just outright eliminating some stuff.  So far, hasn't been too bad, particularly since I've discovered the joy of Trader Joe's (I know I'm late on the scene, Danny).  Let's keep it real, though:  there is no substitute for buffalo wings.

Monday (2/28/2011), I'm starting a 90-day challenge, which will officially end the day before my birthday.  It's not a fitness guru challenge or anything fancy, just something I have in my own head.

The goal:  drop 3 dress sizes.

The caveat:  I'm not telling you readers what my size or weight is right now.  I  don't have enough balls for that level of disclosure just yet.  I will, however, disclose that I am plus-sized.  And I do promise to keep this blog honest.

Why Mommy Go Hard?  'Cause I'm going in hardcore.  And I sort of stole the idea from Danny. Danny's an artist, hardcore.  It's what he's always done, was always meant to do, it's what he lives & breathes.  Check him out at http://www.etsy.com/shop/dannygohard.

Banana, this is for you.  Well, the blog is for you; the rest is for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment