Sunday, February 27, 2011

Swimming, Shooting Around & Anxiety

I'm sure you remember I told you I joined the Y because they are the only pool in town.  Ever since I was a little girl, I've loved the water and amazingly, that hasn't changed one bit over the years.  I will still stay in the water until I prune up & my eyes look like they're on fire.

Went swimming today for about an hour with The Man and it was glorious.  By swimming, I mean we were in the pool.  I did a few laps, but mostly just enjoyed the warm water. We had a 20 mins left before the Y closed and The Boy was playing basketball in the gym, so we went in for a little shootaround.

I'm terrible.  I haven't played basketball for at least 9-10 years and it was obvious -- airball after airball.  Then I remembered I needed to take off my glasses (because who doesn't play better when they can't focus?) and lo & behold, I actually starting making some shots, catching all net.  I didn't make them ALL, but enough to feel better about taking off the glasses.  I'd probably have tried some jumpers, but I'm a genius and forgot to pack a bra to change into after swimming.

Tomorrow's the big day.  I'm full of anxiety about the whole business, mainly because this is a public adventure and if I screw up, you'll all know it.  Simultaneously, I'm excited and ready to kick ass.

All right y'all, this 90-day train is about to leave the station . . .  LET'S GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment