Sunday, April 15, 2012

I'm Back!

I've been away for a while.  Alright, It's been over a year.  I could make up a thousand reasons, but there is only one:  I fell off.  I was still working out for a while since my last post, but then I just . . . fell  off.

In the meanwhile, I have managed to carefully gain back 5 of the pounds I'd lost.  I've been going hard, but not the way I should be, so I'm determined once more to evolve into living a more productive and healthier lifestyle.  Feh, you say?  It's true.  I joined an organic food & veggie co-op.  But that's not all.

I joined a boxing gym.  Not a fancy-shmancy boxing gym, but a boxing gym with stinky boys & men (and some stinky girls, too), a ring in the middle and no air conditioning.  A boxing gym that held Golden Gloves this past Friday night.  In other words, a real boxing gym.  Don't get it twisted:  you will NOT see me headlining Golden Gloves next year.  I've gotten used to this face over the last 44 years and I kind of like it the way it is --  you know, lump free.  I'm strictly there for the training and workout.

And speaking of workout, Doc -- one of the trainers -- went easy on me this morning and wiped me out.  He and I have different definitions of easy.  In the scheme of things, I suppose he was going easy on me, but I'm out of shape and it most definitely did not feel easy.

But I had such a good time, I'm going back tomorrow after work.  I'm a glutton for punishment, what can I tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment