Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 30 -- 3/29

Well, I'm 1/3 of the way through my 90-day self-challenge and generally I'm feeling good, but jeez did I struggle to get through my workout this morning.  Like I've said before, normally after the first 15 mins I go into a zone and I'm good to go, but this morning was a real mental struggle.  I'm feeling very tired and, frankly, I'm looking forward to taking tomorrow off from the gym.  

I keep a few down-size articles of clothing in the closet that I try on every couple of weeks to see if I can get in them.  No good news on that front, but I'm using them to gauge my ultimate progress since pounds lost does not necessarily define size(s) lost.  Because I didn't take body measurements when I started, I can't tell you how many inches I've lost, or how much fat I've lost vs. how much muscle I've gained (which skews the pounds lost results), but the clothes, however, will let me know whether or I'm on the right track.

So what did I eat today?

  • Water: 20 oz
  • Multigrain oatmeal with a cup of coffee.  About 300 cals.
  • Baked chicken breast stuffed with veggies with pepperjack cheese on top.  About 550 cals.
  • Banana-coconut protein smoothie.  About 250 cals.
  • Whole grain pasta with spaghetti sauce, no meat.  About 350 cals.
Total of 1450 cals less the 343 cals I burned off (not including weights) = 1107 net cals.

No comments:

Post a Comment