Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 16 -- 3/15

I did the 20-minute workout this morning (1F, 3B, 5F, 7B, 7F, 5B, 3F, 1F, 3B, 5F, cool down) and went off to the weight room to do the leg workout, as follows:
  • Leg press - 60 lbs, 3 sets of 10
  • Leg extension - 20 lbs, 3 sets of 10
  • Leg curls - 30 lbs, 3 sets of 10
  • Adductor - 30 lbs, 3 sets of 10
  • Inductor - 30 lbs, 3 sets of 10
I'm pretty sure I'll never have Tina Turner's gams, but I would like thighs that can crush a bowling ball. (How would THAT look on my resume? Experience with corporate bankruptcy filings and submission procedures, demonstrated proficiency at downsizing bowling balls with thighs . . .)

I have to say, as much as I'm not necessarily devastated at cutting down the cardio time, I don't think I feel the 20 minutes is quite enough.  I'm going to stick with the 20 minutes for the rest of the week, but next week I'm going back to 30 minutes and I'm going to really try to streamline the entire workout so I can get everything done in an hour.

On a related note, I feel my semi-annual change-of-seasons cold coming on which will only serve to add to the struggle of trying to going hard.  Ugh.

So what did I eat today?
  • Water: 20oz.
  • Multigrain oatmeal with a cup of coffee.  About 300 cals.
  • 1 medium banana.  About 120 cals.
  • Garden vegetable lasagne from TJ's.  About 290 cals.
  • 1 medium apple.  About 70 cals.
  • 5 small baked chicken wings with seasoned mixed vegetables.  About 550 cals.
  • 1 large mint tea.  About 65 cals.
Around 1395 cals less the 226 I worked off this morning (not including weight training) = 1169 cals.

No comments:

Post a Comment