Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 3

Holy moly -- I was so tempted to stop my workout out this morning.  I really was super tired this morning and after just 10 minutes, I wanted to stop and go home.  Two things kept me going: 1) knowing I'd have to write about giving up; and 2)  the whole point of "going hard" is about pushing yourself past your limits.  So I pushed on.  It was a struggle (more than you know!), but I DID THE DAMNED THING (1, 5, 3, 7, 5, 7 , 3, 5, 1, 3, cool down) . I'm MommyGoHard, not MommyGoHome.

This week, I'm going to do cardio for 6 days, but I think starting next week, I'm going to cut it back to 5 days, with split days off, maybe Wed. or Thurs. and Sundays.  Or maybe Tues./Wed. and Saturdays. We started swimming on Sundays and I'm thinking that since I'm going to be at the gym on Sunday anyway, maybe I should get some cardio in and then relax with a swim after.  Still working this out in my head, but I'll figure it out.

The other thing is that a lot of water gives me a mild headache.  Not "brain freeze", but a very low-grade pressure discomfort.  I was going to wait a couple of weeks to see how this played out, but I did some digging on the internet on the subject and apparently, my body is telling me that I'm drinking too much water.  O_o

The term for it is hyponatremia (you can click on the word for more info or Google it).  Obviously, I'm not suffering from severe hyponatremia, but the headache is a warning sign, and as general rule, I don't ingest a lot of salt or salty foods.  Some of the info I dug up say the cumulative effects can be  harmful over an extended period, so I'll cut back a little bit and unless I'm working really hard or it's very hot outside, I think 32-40 oz should be good.

So what did I eat today?
  • Water:  43 oz
  • Multigrain oatmeal with milk & coffee.  About 300 cals.
  • 2 cans of albacore tuna in water with a tablespoon of mayo spread on a couple of Magic Pops (thanks Ameme for turning me on to these!).  Around 450 cals.
  • Small pink lady apple (I wish I could find some honey crisp apples!).  About 50 cals.
  • Grilled chicken on a Magic Pop.  About 100 cals.
  • From Trader Joe's: Thai Vegetable Gyoza, Chicken Gyoza & Chicken Cilantro Wonton.  About 600 cals.
Around 1600 Cals. for the day less 324 Cals. I burned off this morning = net 1276 Cals.

I 'm going to work on adding veggies to the early part of my day as much as possible.  I'm thinking grilled chicken salad for lunch tomorrow with some olives & avocado might be tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment