Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 15 -- 3/14

I weighed in this morning and despite some *ahem* interesting food choices this past weekend, I am down 1.5 lbs from last week.  


Oo-oo oo-oo *doing my disco dance*


Now that I'm incorporating weight training into my work out, given the time constraints I wrote about previously, I cut my cardio down to 20 minutes with a 3-minute cool down.  I did something a little different with that this morning.  Instead of doing a forward stride for 2 minutes, then backwards for 1 minute, then changing resistance levels, I alternated every 2 minutes AND changed levels.  So, it was level 1-forward (2 mins), level 5-forward (2mins), L3-B, L7-F, L7-B, L3-F, L5-B, L1-F, L3-B, L5-F, cooldown).


After that, I did weight training for the upper body.  Tomorrow, I'll do lower body.  I'm not ready to go hard with free weights yet, so all my work be on the machines for now.  


Chest press:  20lbs, 3 sets of 10
Shoulder press:  10lbs, 3 sets of 8
Lat pull down, 30lbs, 3 sets of 10
Chest flyes, 20lbs, 3 sets of 10
Arm curls, 20lbs, 3 sets of 8


So what did I eat today?

  • Water:  33.8 ozs
  • Multigrain oatmeal with a cup of coffee.  About 300 cals.
  • Chicken burgers:  2 pre-cooked chicken patties (280 cals) on a small split pita (160 cals.) with roasted pepper & artichoke tapenade (30 cals), & lettuce (30 cals).  About 470 cals.
  • 1 medium banana.  About 120 cals.
  • Baked chicken in a coconut-thai curry sauce with black olives, red & green peppers, and bamboo shoots over rice.  About 500 cals.
  • Mint tea.  About 50 cals.
Total of 1540 cals less the 228 cals I burned off (not including weight training) = 1312 cals.

Total pounds down since going hard:  4

No comments:

Post a Comment