Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 9 -- 3/8

No workout this morning.  Disappointed?  Fear not, because I made the decision not to go since 1) my right arm was killing me (more on that below) and 2) I did 18 mins of cardio (1, 5, 3, 7, 3, cool down) & a pilates class (first time at the Y) yesterday evening .  The pilates class was less challenging than I thought it would be (although some of it was hard), but the vibe was really good (temple music and candle lighting) and at the end, my muscles (wherever they're hiding) felt really stretched.

About the arm . . . you'll remember that I did a light workout with weights a few days ago.  When I was on the chest press machine, I noticed that the weight seemed to be distributed unevenly, more so to the right.  Unfortunately, I didn't notice until I began to fatigue on the third set and now, according to the pain in my arms, the right arm was overworked.  The machine is in the rehab/beginner room, so maybe it allows distribution that way.  The machines in there are basic -- which is ok -- but I think I'm going to hang out in the weight room from now on.

So what does a hurt arm have to do with working out on the elliptical trainer?  Nothing, it just really hurt like hell this morning and put me out of sorts to do anything.  I allowed myself the compromise of missing the morning workout to try and stretch the arm muscle during the day if I made it to the class this evening.

So what did I eat today?
  • Water:  33.8 ozs
  • Multigrain oatmeal & coffee.  About 300 cals. (This stuff just never gets old.)
  • 2 chicken burgers:  2 pre-cooked chicken patties (280 cals) on a small split pita (160 cals.) with roasted pepper tempenade (30 cals), lettuce (30 cals.) and a schmear of mayo (100 cals).  About 600 cals.
  • Ginger granola snack.  About 100 cals.
  • Can of tuna (in water) mixed with a little less than a tbsp of mayo, seasoning and some red pepper tempenade on 3 Magic Pops.  About 410 cals.
Total of 1410 cals less the 180 cals I burned off (not including the pilates) = 1230 net cals.

No comments:

Post a Comment