Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 11 -- 3/10

Although I had a nice day off yesterday, I had to get back to my grind this morning and I did.  I upped the resistance just a little on my pyramid stack on the trainer this morning (1, 6, 4, 8, 6, 8, 4, 6, 2, 4, cool down).  I only went up a level and according to the machine, I only burned an extra 10-15 cals or so, but I could really feel a difference in the workout.

Fair warning:  there will be no workout tomorrow.  I have a wedding to go to tomorrow night, which means I'm going to see Chachi (my hairdresser) this evening.  Freshly done hair = no sweat = no gym.  I will, however, work out on Saturday.

I knew I'd have to give up certain things when I began doing this and going to the salon on a regular basis was one of them, simply because there's no point in paying good $$$ to get my hair done only to sweat or swim shortly after.  I don't like it, but I resigned myself to getting it done for special occasions and this wedding is obviously one of them.  While I love the texture and strength of my natural hair, it is a PITA to deal with daily.

So what did I eat today?
  • Water: 33.8 ozs
  • Multigrain oatmeal with a cup of coffee.  About 300 cals.
  • Can of tuna in water with 1 tbsp of mayo & roasted red pepper tempenade on 5 Magic Pops.  About 355 cals.
  • Medium banana. About 105 cals.
  • Channa Masala (Indian-spiced chick peas) with rice.  About 500 cals.
Total:  1270 cals less the 342 I burned off = 928 cals.

1 comment:

  1. You will look beautiful with your healthy body and beautiful hair, not to mention your arm candy by your side. I am sure the two of you will be dancing up a storm, and you will get plenty of work-out. I am so proud of you. Keep going hard!

    ReplyDelete