Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 18 -- 3/17


Happy St. Patrick's Day!


The weather here was absolutely beautiful today.  It's a nice change from the rain & cold.  Spring is almost here!  I hate cold weather.  True story.

I got my work in this morning.  1,5, 3, 7, 7, 3, 5, 1, 5, 3 stack on the elliptical and then upper body weights.  I made a few changes with the weights since I didn't really feel like it was hard enough:

Chest press:  
     was 20lbs, 3 sets of 10
     now 3 sets of 15
Shoulder press:  
     was 10lbs, 3 sets of 8
     now 3 sets of 12
Lat pull down: 
     was 30lbs, 3 sets of 10
     now 40lbs, 3 sets of 15
Chest flyes: 
     was 20lbs, 3 sets of 10
     now 3 sets of 15
Arm curls: 
     was 20lbs, 3 sets of 8
     now 3 sets of 15

I felt much better about the intensity of the changes.  To some of you, this is baby weight, but I'm just getting back in the game, so I'm taking baby steps.  Don't worry, I'll be deadlifting 480lbs before you know it.  *wink*

It usually takes a couple of days after working with weights for my muscles to tighten up and I just never really got that feeling, so I knew the initial workout was too light.  I'm going to adjust my leg workout tomorrow also.

Teddy Stampoulos of Martini's Restaurant in Millburn, NJ (and also the new Martini 494 that just opened up in Newark), sent over some St. Patrick's Day sliders to our office which were absolutely delicious!  What's a St. Patrick's Day slider?  Corned beef on grilled rye bread topped with sauerkraut, a special sauce and cheese.  Who knew they'd be that good? Best of all, they were sized perfectly for my needs.  Now if I could only convince Teddy to create a veggie slider . . .  If you have the opportunity, get thee and thine companion over to one of these restaurants.  You'll thank me later.

So what did I eat today?
  • Water: 16.9 oz (slack!)
  • Multigrain oatmeal with a cup of coffee.  About 300 cals.
  • 2 sliders.  About 550 cals.
  • 1 medium apple.  About 70 cals.
  • Large salad with grilled chicken, baby spinach & Tuscan creamy basalmic.  About 400 cals.
Total of 1320 less the 226 cals I burned off (not including weight training) = 1094


No comments:

Post a Comment