Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 8 -- 3/7, Weigh-In

So I've already told you I'm addicted to the scale, but the only weigh-in that counts is the one I do first thing Monday morning before I workout.

2.5 lbs down!  So maybe there is something to all this exercise & eat right stuff. ;)

I'm determined to eat what I want -- just less of it.  I'll make reasonable substitutions with my eating (e.g., a plum instead of a starchy snack), but I'm not cutting anything out.  I might not get to where I want to be as quickly, but I'm not on a timeclock and I'll be happy most of the way.  That's why at the end of every blog post, I give a rundown of what I ate for the day.  Not just so I can keep track of what I'm eating, but so my readers can also see that I'm eating real food.  This was yesterday's dinner:



For the Southern food-deprived, that there is collard greens, baked chicken (wing pieces),  & seasoned steam corn.  The calorie count for that dinner was approximately 600 cals.  And I always estimate on the high side.

That little quitter voice popped up this morning, but I was determined to get through that workout and I did.  I did a variation on my pyramid stack - 1, 5, 4, 7, 6, 7, 4, 5, 2, 3, cool down.

So what did I eat today?
  • Water:  33.8 oz
  • Multigrain oatmeal & morning coffee.  About 350 cals.
  • Sliver (and I do mean a sliver - about 1/8") of bundt cake someone in the office brought it.  I'm going to guess 100 cals.
  • Salad with mushrooms, olives & grilled chicken with blue cheese dressing.  About 550 cals.
  • Small plum.  About 50 cals.
  • Seasoned ground chicken with broccoli & rice, pot mix-up style.  Around 550 cals.
  • Apple chai tea - about 100 cals.
Total cals. 1700, less the 332 I burned off  = 1368

No comments:

Post a Comment