Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 2

The hardest part about working out is actually getting to the gym.  I find that I try to psych myself out of going -- you know, making up excuses that sound relatively legitimate to me so I won't have to go.  Like: I don't have enough time this morning, I have to set up food for dinner, I really should run the wash, etc. Same thing happens during the first few minutes of cardio.  The body/muscles take a few minutes to warm up and during that period is when I feel a little bit of fatigue and am most vulnerable to my mind's tricks, e.g., I can finish this later, I didn't get enough sleep last night, that lady on the treadmill is annoying me - I'll come back later.  You get the idea.  Except I know that later never happens and the work goes undone.

It's all bullshit and I've learned to recognize it.  It's amazing how your own mind will try to run game on you, and because you're so close to the situation, you don't even know it's happening.  Once you see it, though, you can't unsee it, but it becomes a constant battleground.

Today's score:  Me-1, Mind-0.  

I had a good cardio workout, although I changed the pyramid stack today (1, 5, 3, 6, 4, 7 ,4, 6, 3, 5, cool down).  I was going to try to add in weights tomorrow, but I think I'll wait until the weekend when The Man can proffer advice on what I should be doing.  

Which brings me a little off-topic.  I'm watching him zip up his jacket last night and his belly is obviously smaller.  WTF?!  Nature has decreed that women are the smaller sex, yet we have the hardest time staying that way.  Men can eat healthy for 48 hours and shed 120 lbs.  I mean, I'm happy for him, but my hatorade cup runneth over.  </rant over>

So what did I eat today?
  • Water:  68 ozs
  • The other 1/2 of yesterday's protein bar.  Approx. 150 cals.
  • Multigrain oatmeal with milk & coffee.  Around 300 cals.
  • Chunky beef soup.  About 260 cals.
  • Grilled chicken, monterey jack & cheddar cheese, and baby spinach on a couple of Magic Pops.  About 400 cals.
  • Coconut Dream (8oz).  Around 90 cals.
Approx. 1200 cals, less 331 I worked off this morning = 869 cals net. (Wayyyyy too low).  But I drank over a 1/2 gallon of water today!

No comments:

Post a Comment