Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 17 -- 3/16

Ahhhhhh . . . nothing like a day off from working out to make you feel like a lazy girl :(

Seriously, I should have enjoyed the time away, but I felt guilty.  Truth be told, while I don't hate working out, I don't exactly enjoy it either, so you'd think I'd take some pleasure in a day off.  Nope -- just made me feel guilty.

I'll get over it. :)

I'm still up at the same time whether or not I got to the gym, so I got a couple of things done around the house: I straightened up the kitchen a bit and cooked some chicken.  Let me explain the chicken part:  Shoprite (yes, I do shop at places other than Trader Joe's - LOL) had chicken breast on sale for $1.69/lb.  That's the BONELESS and SKINLESS chicken breast.  I know!  So I went nuts and bought 6 packs, which is roughly 20 pounds.  3 packs went into the freezer, but I figured I'd cook the other 3.  2 of the packs I cubed, seasoned & baked for use during the week; you know, in salad, in marinara sauce ... whatever.    The other pack I sliced in half and pounded out until it was really thin then stuffed with sliced red peppers, baby bella mushrooms, shredded cabbage and baby spinach, nicely topped with a little bit of jalapeno jack cheese.



Delish!  Best of all, just under 500 cals for the whole dish.

So what did I eat today?
  • Water:  20 oz.
  • Multigrain oatmeal with a cup of coffee.  About 300 cals.
  • Thai chicken with rice.  About 390 cals.
  • 1 medium banana.  About 120 cals.
  • 2 oz of Cocount Dream milke (unsweetened).  About 20 cals.
  • Baked chicken breast stuffed with veggies & topped with jalapeno jack cheese.  About 500 cals.
Total of 1330 cals.

No comments:

Post a Comment