Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 5 - 3/4

I was out grocery shopping late last night with Ameme until around 11:30pm, which is why this post is going up today & not yesterday.

Thursday's day off from working out was just what I needed.  Yesterday's workout (1, 3, 5, 7, 5, 7, 5, 3, 5, 3, cool down) was really good; I got through it with no problem, no struggle.  I mean, it wasn't an easy workout, but that little voice that usually wants to give up was noticeably silent.

I have a confession to make.  I'm a scale watcher.  Yeah, yeah, I know the scale is not the only indicator of how I'm doing, but I'm powerless to not weigh in.  The scale to me is almost larger than life, like the refrigerator was to Ellen Burstyn in Requiem for A Dream (but not nearly as creepy).  By the way, if you haven't seen this movie, put it on your MUST SEE list.

That being said, I'm only counting my weekly (Monday) weigh-ins as official; the other weigh-ins are just me satisfying my secret jones.

The Man and I went swimming (again, I'm playing fast and loose with the word "swimming"), but I did do some laps.  We were there for about 45 minutes.  Although somewhat refreshing at the end of a long week, they must have had the heat down and it was too chilly for my taste.

So what did I eat today?
  • Water:  16.9 ozs
  • Multigrain oatmeal with milk & coffee.  Around 300 cals.
  • Grilled chicken on whole wheat Tuscan pane with lettuce & 1tbsp of mayo.  About 450 cals.
  • Little slivers of snacking.  On the high side, I'm going to say around 300 cals.
  • Another small coffee - 100 cals.
  • Banana - Around 100 cals.
  • Protein bar - 170 cals.
Approx. 1420 cals less 324 I burned off = net 1096 cals.

4 comments:

  1. Keep going Monique! I very much enjoy your blog. It is 7:00 on Saturday and although I put on my sweats earlier today, I still haven't made it to the gym downstairs - yes, I have a little exercise room in my building, and I still can't get myself to just go. I know I will feel better afterward and will ask myself why I struggled so much in the first place. So what is the scale or the fit of your clothes saying? Are you losing weight or inches?
    PS: I am now trying for the third time to post my comment. Keep your fingers crossed that it will finally work this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course - that is 7:00 in the evening - NOT the morning. You may recall that I am not a morning person and although I can work out even late in the evening, I could never do it in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never mind my question about your weight or dress size. I just read your first blogs. How great that Danny inspired you to change your eating habits and to work out. My eating habits are not too bad, but I am disappointed in myself for having been so lazy. I go through phases - working out regularly to nothing at all. When I work out, I enjoy it and feel and look so much better, and yet, when I fall off the wagon, I have such a hard time to get myself back to the gym. Your blog is helping. I will let you know as soon as I made it back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heike, I remember well that you are not a morning person - lol! Neither am I, but my circumstances dictate that I be awake between 4:30-5:00am, so I have to make it work the best I can.

    Thanks for all your encouragement and I know you'll come up with some method of motivation to workout; after all, I have watched you do some pretty amazing stuff.

    ReplyDelete