Monday, March 21, 2011

Day 21 -- 3/20

After spending a most leisurely morning sleeping in and then having a very late breakfast, The Man and I went to work out together.

Normally, we swim on Sundays, but didn't go last week and didn't go today either.   I was looking forward to going, but I wasn't as prepared as I should have been, so we decided against it, which ultimately worked in my favor.

I went back to 30 minutes of cardio (1, 5, 3, 7, 5, 7, 3, 5, 1, 5, 3, cool down), but I used a different machine than the one I normally use and discovered that the new machine, which doesn't have the swinging arms, DOES allow the foot pedals to incline. So, of course, I experimented with that and now my butt hurts -  the higher incline works out more of your butt.  Who knew?

After that, we both headed over to the weight room.  We don't work out together during the week (he goes in the mid-afternoon; I'm there at 6am), so I'm using our time there on Sundays to have him tweak my workouts.  He felt my workout was too easy, so he upped the weights a notch and it really made a huge difference.  Apparently, Mommy wasn't going hard enough.

So what did I eat today?
  • Water: 16.9 oz
  • 2 slices of bacon on a slice of toasted Tuscan pane.  About 220 cals.
  • Shake: 8 oz of Coconut Dream milk (60 cals), 1 medium banana (120 cals) and 1/2 scoop of whey protein powder (50 cals).  About 230 cals.
  • Cornichons (small, garlicky pickles).  About 10 cals.
  • Pasta in marinara sauce with cubed chicken breast & baby spinach.  About 550 cals.
Total of 1010 cals for the day less the 321 I burned off (not including the weights) = 689 cals (WAY to low!)


No comments:

Post a Comment