Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 24 -- 3/23

No workout this morning and oddly enough, I don't feel guilty about it.  What I do feel guilty about is forgetting to take my vitamins this morning.  I don't think I've written about this yet.

The Man and I went on a quest to find vitamins and I was adamant that I wanted liquid vitamins.  I'm not a pill fan, but I especially don't like taking oversized horse pills.  Well, I ended up picking up a bottle of Alive! by Nature's Way, which seems to be chock full of good stuff (see below).

I read some reviews and some people complain about the taste, but to me, it tastes like liquified Flintstone vitamins (am I dating myself with the Flintstone reference?). I don't know if vitamins are supposed to make you feel more energized or whatever, but I've been taking it for the last 3 weeks and I can't say that I feel any different.  Then again,  I've taken other vitamins in the past and haven't felt any different with them either.  You're supposed to take a 1oz shot, but I split the dosage in 2: 1/2 in the morning, 1/2 in the early evening.  I could be totally wrong, but I figure my body wastes less if I split it up.

So what did I eat today?

  • Water 20 oz.
  • Multigrain oatmeal with a cup of coffee.  About 300 cals.
  • Garden vegetable lasagne.  About 290 cals.
  • 1 medium apple.  About 75 cals.
  • 1 piece of milk chocolate.  About 65 cals.
  • Brown rice with Chinese mixed vegetables in brown sauce.  About 400 cals.
Total cals for the day:  1130




Ingredients in ALIVE!
Serving Size: 1 oz Liquid
Amount/Serving
%DV
Calories
45

Total Carbohydrate
12g
4%**

Sugars
6g
*

Vitamin A
(50% [5,000 IU] as retinol palmitate and 50% [5,000 IU] as beta carotene)
10,000IU
200%

Vitamin C (as calcium ascorbate)
500mg
833%

Vitamin D (as ergocalciferol)
400IU
100%

Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl acetate)
200IU
667%

Vitamin K (as phytonadione)
80mcg
100%

Thiamin
(as thiamine mononitrate)
25mg
1667%

Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
25mg
1471%

Niacin (as nicotinic acid/niacinamide)
20mg
100%

Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl)
50mg
2500%

Folic Acid
400mcg
100%

Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin)
200mcg
3333%

Biotin (as d-biotin)
300mcg
100%

Pantothenic Acid (as d-calcium pantothenate)
125mg
1250%

Calcium (as ascorbate/pantothenate)
100mg
10%

Iron
1mg
5%

Iodine (as potassium iodide)
150mcg
100%

Magnesium (as magnesium gluconate)
40mg
10%

Zinc (as zinc gluconate)
15mg
100%

Selenium (as L-selenomethionine)
70mcg
100%

Copper (from sodium copper chlorophyllin)
2mg
100%

Manganese (as manganese sulfate)
4mg
200%

Chromium (as polynicotinate)
120mcg
100%

Molybdenum (as sodium molybdate)
75mcg
100%

Sodium
15mg
<1%

Potassium (as potassium gluconate)
50mg
1%

Green Food/Spirulina Blend:
Spirulina (microalgae): Alfalfa (leaf, stem); Barley Grass (grass); Dandelion (leaf); Wheat Grass (grass); Melissa (leaf); Lemon Grass (grass); Nettle (leaf); Blessed Thistle (stem, leaf, flower); Chlorella (broken-cell microalgae); Plantain (leaf); Blue Green Algae (microalgae); Cilantro (leaf)
500mg
*

Amino Acids:
(from Spirulina, Chlorella, Blue Green Algae,) Glutamine, Asparagine, Leucine, Alanine, Arginine, Lysine, Threonine, Valine, Glycine, Isoleucine, Serine, Proline, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Histidine, Methionine, Tryptophan, Cysteine
225mg
*

Garden Veggies Juice Powder Blend:
Parsley; Kale; Spinach; Wheat Grass; Brussels Sprout; Asparagus; Broccoli; Cauliflower; Beet; Carrot; Cabbage; Garlic
100mg
*

Orchard Fruits Juice Powder Blend:
Plum; Cranberry; Blueberry; Strawberry; Blackberry; Bilberry; Cherry; Apricot; Papaya; Orange; Grape; Pineapple
100mg
*

Organic Mushroom Defense Blend:
Contains all growth phases (mycelium, primordium, sclerotium and fruit body) of Cordyceps; Reishi; Shiitake; Hiratake; Maitake; Yamabushitake; Himematsutake; Kawaratake; Chaga; Zhu Ling; Agarikon; Mesima
100mg
*

Omega 3/6/9 Fatty Acid Blend: Flax Seed Powder (dry, cold-pressed); Sunflower Seed Powder (dry, cold-pressed); (providing Alpha-Linolenic Acid [ALA], Oleic Acid [OA] and Linoleic Acid [LA])
100mg
*

Citrus Bioflavonoid Complex (from lemon, orange, and grapefruit)
60mg
*

Siberian Eleuthero (root)
50mg
*

Inositol
50mg
*

Choline (as choline bitartrate)
30mg
*

Hesperidin (from citrus bioflavonoid complex)
30mg
*

Betaine HCl
25mg
*

PABA (para aminobenzoic acid)
25mg
*

Rutin
25mg
*

RNA (from spirulina/chlorella)
14mg
*

DNA (from spirulina/chlorella)
4mg
*

Chlorophyll (from spirulina)
4mg
*

Boron (as sodium borate)
1mg
*

Lutein (from marigold)
200mcg
*

This product does not contain
  • artificial coloring
  • artificial flavoring
  • dairy products
  • lactose
  • milk
  • wheat
  • yeast
**Based on 2000 calorie diet.Other Ingredients: Purified water, 100% pure crystalline fructose, Sorbitol, Malic acid, Apple juice concentrate, Natural flavors, Xanthan gum, Silica, Potassium sorbate and Sodium benzoate (to preserve freshness).

No comments:

Post a Comment